Thursday, December 29, 2011

Great Writer Quotes

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. Louisa May Alcott

I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.  Pearl S. Buck

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.  Tom Clancy

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music that words make.  Truman Capote

Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.  William Faulkner

Only amateurs say that they write for their own amusement. Writing is not an amusing occupation. It is a combination of ditch-digging, mountain-climbing, treadmill and childbirth... But amusing? Never.  Edna Ferber

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it. Madeleine L’Engle

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. Toni Morrison

I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself. Mark Twain

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison.


1 comment: