Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving and Thanking You

My cup has overflowed this year with love and support from friends, family and the occasional stranger. I am so thankful for every single one of you who faithfully reads my blog, stops me in passing to say how much you enjoyed a particular post, and have been excited for me with the release of my book.

My sincerest desire is that you and yours have an abundant and love-filled Thanksgiving. I won't be blogging much in the next week or so. My sisters are visiting from California and I have my book signing this upcoming weekend.

This morning while driving back from the grocery store with my two youngest granddaughters in the back seat, I asked Melodi about the pilgrims and what Thanksgiving meant. She's in  the four-year-old class in pre-school and must have paid attention. Here's the whole shebang in a nutshell.

"The mean king told everybody they had to go to the same church so they (pilgrims) got out of town."

I encourage you to count your blessings and to give thanks and praise to the One who blesses. Enjoy your turkey, kiss your spouse, laugh with your kids and grand kids and just generally enjoy this holiday; the one my oldest son loves the best because, "It's mostly about food."

God bless. And thank you.


Image: debspoons                                                                Free Digital Photos

4 comments:

  1. A simple kind blog today. Thank you. I am blessed to know you and wish you the most memorable weekend of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan --

    Wonderful post!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, and thank you for your blog. I love it!

    Sincerely,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve and Cindy, What can I say? Love you guys. Have a blessed, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Brown BanksNovember 28, 2012 at 2:21 PM

    Wishing you an abundance of blessings in 2013! :-)

    ReplyDelete